Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Get Paid Per Article - Demand Studios

I have been researching through reading various websites about Demand Studios "pay per article" program.  Everyone seems to have their own opinion.  However, I am still on the fence about this one.  I would like to say that my hope is to go back to writing for them....assuming that option/writing position is still available to me. :) 

Over the past year or two, my article earnings have increased from work that I did when I was freelancing how-to articles for the Ehow website.  And, I wrote those articles a couple of years ago!  It is great to have that kind of extra residual income...especially in today's economy.  I have revisited the site more often over the last couple of weeks reading the Ehow forums in hopes of understanding more about what Demand Studios is looking for in writers and what the new type of work entails.  My biggest curiosities were the following:

1.) Is the writing content  or style different from what writers on Ehow originally wrote?
2.) Is it easier or more difficult to have an article approved than it was in the past?
3.) Is the pay better or faster than it was on Ehow.  (i.e., every month or every week)?
4.) Is a specific number of minimum hours or articles required to be a writer for Demand Studios?


My understanding is that Demand Studios gives you approximately 7 days to write an article on a chosen topic withing one of their approved categories (i.e., business, health, etc.).  One person reported to me that Demand studios pays $15 for a 500 word article.  That is pretty good!  Think about it.  If a person can write 2 clean and quick articles in 1 hour...that is over $30 for just one hour.  I went to college and received a bachelor's degree in psychology and my first professional job working for the State of Tennessee was only about $18 and hour.  And, we had to be there from at least 8am-4:30pm Monday-Friday.  Am sure there is more flexibility with Demand Studios.  And, let's face it...most of us love working from home in our pajamas (lol).

The verdict is still out, as I suppose I never jump in the water without first putting my hand in to test it. :)
But...I must say that $15 an article sounds very good and dependable to me.  Knowing what you will make makes it easier to budget and make a dependable living.  If one thinks about another thing....there is a great advantage to knowing that your article will make a set amount vs. the unknown. 

I am looking for feedback on this post in particular.  So, if you currently write for the new (to me) Demand Studios/Demand Media content provider...please let me and others know about your experiences.  I would appreciate it...and am sure my readers would too.  Thanks in advance!   Jamie

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Hi there. I just added your site to my blog. I have been accepted to DS but have not yet written an article. I should take the time to figure it out since I too have experienced increases in my ehow articles lately.

Jamie Kucharski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie Kucharski said...

Thanks for the feedback.:-) It's good to know that you are also experiencing an increase in earnings on your Ehow articles. I'm hoping to continue to hear back from you and others about experiences with Demand Studios.
I just checked out your blog again, a couple of mins ago. It looks great!